Design #347

| |
Hi all!

This morning while checking my Twitter feed and news, I saw a tweet that sparked my interest. It was by Oliver Reichenstein about WikiLeaks. The tweet only said Thank you. I am super curious so I had to click and check it out and I found it to be a link to OAS Joint Statement in regards to WikiLeaks. Whether or not you agree with WikiLeaks you cannot argue against the fact that we all have grown and come to believe in freedom of speech as a sacred right. Perhaps because I grew up in another country that though it is US Territory, has a different culture and set of values and we saw a different side of things down there, I am an idealist for civil and human rights. Thus, when our current administration promised government transparency because it kept us accountable as opposed to the past policy of secrecy, well, I believed them. Perhaps I am too much of an idealist. Who knows? The point is that today I saw this quote on the OAS site and I could not shake it from my head. 
Every person has the right to freedom of investigation, of opinion, and of the expression and dissemination of ideas, by any medium whatsoever.
-American Declaration of the Rights and Duties of Man
In response to that I created a simple poster, actually two. One with the flag the way we are used to see it and another with the flag upside down because I sometimes think our governments in general are upside down and ours seems to be in distress. I do not intend to offend anyone, I am trying to exercise my right to freedom of expression in the medium I chose: my blog and my posters. Enjoy!













0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and impressions are important to me. Please take a moment to tell me what you think!