Design #87

| |
Today's famous woman is Helena Rubinstein. Like Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden, and Mary Kay, she started her own make up business from one single face cream. Her story is a bit different than the rest. She was, based on what I read, temperamental and dare I say moody? She liked the arts and collected art. She was fiercely determined. She was quoted saying the following:
“I have always felt that a woman has the right to treat the subject of her age with ambiguity until, perhaps, she passes into the realm of over ninety. Then it is better she be candid with herself and with the world.”
There were other quotes I liked, such as the one where she says that there are no ugly women, only lazy ones. My Dad would have agreed with that. But the one I am using today about a woman's age reminded me of a famous poem by Jenny Joseph, that says all the things a woman who gets old should be able to do starting by wearing purple and a red hat that does not match. I thought these two thoughts went together well. And maybe I will start wearing purple more often just so people are not shocked when I start looking old. :-) For the texture I used a nice tutorial that can be found at Vector Tuts. Enjoy!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and impressions are important to me. Please take a moment to tell me what you think!