Design #86

| |
Today's famous woman is Mary Kay Ash. Yes, the same one with the pink Caddies. Lots of people make fun of this company. But as someone who at one point was herself a Mary Kay lady, I can tell you this is company is if not the best, one the best companies to work for. She started out as a sales representative for other known direct sales companies. Though her sales exceeded that of her male coworkers, a male was promoted instead of her. She quit and started her own company at the age of 45 with an investment of $5,000. I read this and I was in awe. I did not know her age when she started her own company. She was known for being very positive and wanting to create a good working environment for women. One of her quotes is the one I am displaying in this poster:
“Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway.”
To me that demonstrates to not take a closed door at face value. Push. It might open for you. I am reminded of a widow in one of the Gospel passages. She insisted and insisted on her petition to the judge that he got up to get her out his hair and gave her what she she asked, Luke 18:1-5.




2 comments:

Margarita said...

I love how you did this one! it's so cool :) and i like the quote

Alma Hoffmann said...

Thank you Margarita! :-)

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and impressions are important to me. Please take a moment to tell me what you think!